Ready Steady Roll use board and card games as a great way to engage children and promote learning.
We run Board Game Workshops in class and a popular After School Programme, allowing children to play with their peers, learn new games and have lots of fun!
Board games are a fantastic source of education, covering all areas of learning. They can help children to work together, teach children to be gracious winners, and can help boost children’s self-esteem. Children of today are growing up in a technological world, and while that’s great, it’s also important for children to take part in interactive activities which promote discussion and play with their peers away from screens.
"We had a very exciting morning, while also developing our social and mathematical skills. We would thoroughly recommmend Ready Steady Roll"
- John Gibbard Lower School
We can run a variety of workshops, including:
- Themed Workshops – focussing on games that enhance maths skills, creativity, science or any subject/theme you required.
- Make your own game workshop – students play a variety of games with different mechanics then create their own games using resources provided such as dice, cards and boards.
- Wellbeing workshops – small sessions to focus on social skills, emotional wellbeing and self-esteem, usually for students on pupil premium.
- English as an additional language workshop - support a student or a group of students who are learning English as an Additional language.
- Historical Toy and Game Workshops – learn about the games and toys that children used to play with in the past, from the Victorian Era to World War 2.
Our After School Programme is for up to 15 students and each week focuses on a different theme, whether its maths, strategic thinking or team work. We don’t just have the usual Monopoly or Guess Who?, we scour the globe for the best games for our sessions that combine fun and education.
|1||(Mostly) Just for Fun||Learn new games and have fun|
|2||Creativity||Tell stories, draw pictures and think creatively.|
|3||Strategic Thinking||Create plans and think through your actions to win the strategic games.|
|4||Maths||Improve mental math skills and increase confidence using numbers in a variety of situations.|
|5||Team Work||Work in teams of two and more and learn the skills required to lead and cooperate.|
|6||(Mostly) Just For Fun||Play any of your favourite games from the past weeks|
"It was great to see the children applying their skills and I was surprised to see the children easily doing maths I wasn't yet aware they were capable of!"
- Emberton Lower School
All we require is a room with tables and chairs and if you choose for us to run our After School Programme, we would love to provide three half hour in class session with up to 10 students for free (30 students in total).
As noted above, we also run Educational Workshops during class time as a fun way to focus on particular skills like maths or creative writing. We also offer smaller sessions with a select group of students who may need help in a particular area, such as self-confidence/esteem, maths or social skills – your pupil premium funding could be perfect for this. We offer discounts if these sessions are directly before the after school activity.
If you are interesting in us running a workshop at your school or hosting an after school club, please get in contact!